Saturday, September 17, 2005

they don't watch you walk away

I've been listening to Ryan Adams' Gold quite a bit lately, whether it's on the iPod, at home or earlier today, when driving.

So here are my two favourite songs off that album. Actually I think these are my favourite Ryan Adams songs, and Gold my favourite album.

When The Stars Go Blue

Nobody Girl

may this week be a good one.

(Waiting for the light to turn green, I watched five milipedes worm around on the pavement, liberated by the earlier downpour.
I watched a van drive past, a child jumping up and down in the passenger seat.
The driver in the black BMW behind has a scowl on his face.
An old man limps across the road, turning his face towards the oncoming traffic every now and then, to make sure we know he exists.
The light goes green.
He's still not reached the other side.
I wait.
His right foot touches the pavement.
I take off.
I didn't glance back, to see if he would be alright.
Would it have made a difference if I had?)

2 comments:

laur said...

Surfed by via lester's blog - Couldn't help commenting 'cos those two are my favourite Ryan Adams songs as well, though the Demolition album has gems aplenty :) Nice.

RealLifeReading said...

thanks for stopping by!