Monday, July 17, 2006

golden goose

When my dad said to give Imperial Treasure a try, I thought he meant the Nan Bei outlet at Ngee Ann, as I've walked past it many times and have been meaning to give it a try. But no, he meant the more fine dining version downstairs.

It's a lovely place, done up with a modern touch. We were seated at a booth, which made it a bit tricky for the waitress to change plates and top up tea, but she did it with much aplomb.

And I must say that the excellent service added an extra touch to the very enjoyable meal. The plates were changed quickly, even the towels were changed midway through the dinner. And although our soup took a while to come, she spotted that problem and told someone to get the kitchen to hurry it up. Bravo.

We kicked things off with a cold crab ($24), served with a vinegar dipping sauce. Then a sauteed green bean with pork ($12) - one of the better versions I've had, as it was definitely not too salty or too oily. We also had a fantastic roast goose ($18), with an excellent crispy skin and tender meat, with little fat. A steamed soon hock ($42) was very fresh, as my dad remarked later. And then a Chinese fillet steak ($20) which was a bit too sweet. My mom opted for a plain congee, while the rest of us just had some rice. My sister and I shared a seafood beancurd soup ($6).

And for dessert (my dad and I cannot end a meal without something sweet) - walnut cream ($3) and orh nee with pumpkin ($4). The desserts were done with a nice light touch and as a result, I didn't leave the restaurant feeling too heavy.

As my dad said, definitely a place to return to.

Imperial Treasure Teochew Cuisine
391 Orchard Road, #04-20A Ngee Ann City
Tel: 6736-2118

1 comment:

F¡яєвџяN said...

Hi there, it might sounded funny, i was searching the web for concave scream 's driven, happen to visit your blog entry dated 31 oct 2005. Do u still happen to have this mp3? Can you kindly send me a copy vioa yousendit? My email address is greyworms@hotmail.com, i have a super hard time finding their old cd and songs..:P