Sunday, July 17, 2005

and more

oh yes, and if I were a power blogger or wannabe power blogger who wanted to be deluged by 500+ comments, i would've said something about the recent you-know-what that's just absolutely been the focus of everyone's attention here.
But I'm not, and anyway I've had plenty of that at work, such that I've only been able to leave at 130 (that's AM by the way) for the past week.
Today (Sunday) ie Monday will be a relatively ___ free day, so maybe things will start to die down now.

Although the jokes will surely continue, as they did yesterday during the blog con - yes I attended and was frankly a bit bored but cheered up at the thought of freeflow water-ohsorrythatwasactually-alcohol (although the two drinks I had before the free drinks started actually did taste of gin)
Didnt like that there was an outofbounds area (not that i wanted to go in in the first place) only for the blogerati
Found out that DXO looks quite nice, esp the secondfloor outdoor seating....
...but that either the party there starts really late or it doesnt start at all - the only pp there that night seemed to have been from the blog con
That there was actually some clubfest at suntec convention centre that seemed really quick popular, with people streaming in after 1am, that's really not my scene...
... and that I'd rather sit down somewhere and have drinks with my friends and listen to some good music.
That dim sum's still one of my favourite suppers
Oh and that Carl's Jr isn't too bad but I'd still rather seahstreetdeli, handlebar or blooie's for burgers. At least that way I dont have to foodcourt-loiter-and-stare the other patrons down until they get the hint and leave.

meanwhile, at work today I learnt the following things:
christopher doyle definitely thought 2046 was a mistake that wong kar wai made
'I feel that 2046 is unnecessary, in retrospect. I think probably Wong Kar-Wai realised that somewhere, and that's why it took so long.'

and that Nick Hornby still writes better music journalism than he writes fiction

that a bar in Paris has somehow found out how to freeze vodka to make a martini lolly

(i'll hopefully link these properly later cos write now i'm doing this in a very inconvenient location - done!)

and that while i like pete yorn's rock version of china girl, david bowie's still the best

1 comment:

uraraa said...

blogger's convention!? u went!! hahaaa.... that's the stupideest thing i've heard but it's making my day!!^^