Saturday, July 30, 2005

Making resolutions isn't just for the new year

Somehow my post about Mag's Wine Kitchen got lost (i was email blogging again) and I can't be bothered to rethink it so here are the key points.

* Ate there on Wednesday with J and Eps (both abandoned me to go back to work afterwards)
* Had a crab and roe appetiser that reminded me of tuna salad
* Main was a well-textured rack of veal, on a bed of mashed potatoes with some vegetables (not bad)
* Dessert (shared with J) was a chocolate fondant with a teeny scoop of vanilla ice-cream (safe choice, also not bad)

* Service was good altho waiter tends to mumble so not entirely sure what we were to expect for the meal
* Wine was really great altho we had to get over the initial shock of the price of the winelist and I had to ask the waiter an important question: ""Do you have any with just two digits?''
To which he joked: ""99 is also two digits!""
But he was nice enough to recommend a lovely red from France at $60.

* After being abandoned, went down to velvet where I missed the lomo exhibition and consoled myself with more drinks.
Which was probably a bit too much, esp since I didn't stick to one type

* On Thursday, was thinking, I probably should drink less.

* That I should stop eating such rich food, especially dessert, so often. And that I should really try to get off my ass and go jogging more regularly.

* Then I had some fish and chips (which were really quite good)

* Then on Friday, I woke up and watched TV, finishing the last of Season 4 of Will & Grace (now what do I watch??)

* Then today, I made couscous with prawns and asparagus for dinner, (to bring to work) and had an avocado, a bao, strawberries and a slice of cake for lunch. And I was too lazy to pack gym gear.

* So I'm making the resolution now to
- jog tomorrow
- swim Monday (cos I'm off)
- and probably do more of the same on Wednesday and Friday
(I'm getting an extra day off cos I'm working National Day and requested Friday off to go see The Bravery and got stuck working next Sat AND Sun)

* Tomorrow I'll probably wake up and not do any of that.

* But isn't it really the thought that counts?

No comments: