Sunday, July 10, 2005

have my cake and eat it too

After a week of bad dinners, I'm pleased to announce two days of good eating!

On Saturday, after a simple lunch of porridge, long bean omelette, and fish, headed out to catch Fantastic Four at Cineleisure then it was off to Handlebar for some great food, atmosphere and company! Had the cheeseburger - always yummy, but this time my fries were a little overfried... - some chicken wings (thanks for leaving me the ones doused with BBQ sauce ones, guys) and beer.

Once the tummies were filled, it was off to Prince Of Wales for a little blues (cover) music. Band, called Raindogs, was pretty good, though had never heard of them before. Finished their set really early though, which was weird... (did they have another gig somewhere else? or was it bedtime already?) But I guess that enabled us sit down to talk instead of having to yell at each other to hear above the music.

And today, lunch was with the family at Summer Palace for dimsum (decent food, not very good variety though - I miss HK!) and then met a friend for some longjing cha at Tea Chapter. Now it seems the family's off for some Japanese food for dinner - and I'm still full from lunch!

(I suppose it's a way of lining my stomach with some good food, in preparation for tomorrow's dinner - now will it be zichar stall no 1 or zichar stall no 2? sigh... It's only week one of bad dinners. How will i last until Dec 30? Might consider occasionally bringing my own food for dinner... But I shall reserve these bad food thoughts for another time. I think there's a sashimi platter with my name on it. And cake from Cedele when we get home!)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

uh... but the bbq wings were more suited to your sweet and tangy demeanor. :-)

happy birthday, buddy. you've been a joy to hang out with. i'm sure our male model friend from said hostel / bar agrees.

don't foget your pinkie swears. have a great week ahead.

RealLifeReading said...

thank you dear annabel and see you soon!
(last weekend of freedom!)

Anonymous said...

happy birthday dear friend!

And continue enjoying your food! Am always glad that i can count on you to enjoy food and go pigging out with me. Haha.

Anonymous said...

happy birthday shar! wow, i never knew you were such a foodie!