Thursday, July 07, 2005

got the munchies

One thing about working nights is having to eat dinner near the office.

Dinner to me is always a big thing. I don't mind having crap food for lunch, but for dinner? I don't know how long I can take eating zhi char...

So these days, I've been making sure I get proper lunches, mostly cos, as previously mentioned, I have to cook for the family.

Today's lunch was wholemeal spaghetti with pasta and mushrooms, done agio e olio (garlic and olive oil) style, with some extra parsley, chopped chilli and lemon juice to give it a bit more kick. (altho i realise later I could've added more chilli, cos there wasn't much heat to it). The pasta comes with a side salad of romaine, butterhead and zucchini.

Yesterday, I made some vegetable soup! (got a bit lazy about taking photos, so i suppose you'll have to trust me on this one)
Threw in some carrots, celery and potatoes, into a stock made with chicken, corn and ginger. I was trying to get something a bit spicy and yet sweet... dunno if I did too well with that one. i thought it was ok.

(this is lately starting to sound like a food blog, but you know, i just love food and i'm starting to realise that i quite enjoy cooking, albeit very simple food, and going to buy ingredients.)

Of course, the stuff I cook is very simple, especially in comparison to those found on blogs like ChubbyHubby or Kuidaore.

And now, it's time to get ready to go to work (and for more kopitiam food later).. today's an early day, i've gotta be in the office by 230.

No comments: