Sunday, July 24, 2005

and the week begins again

i used to work Tuesdays to Saturdays, relishing my Sundays and Mondays off.

Now with off days that can be any weekday plus either Saturday or Sunday, I feel in limbo.

It's weird not to have two days off in a row. It's even weirder for me to admit this cos that was my work schedule two years ago when I started at this company but at a different department.

As a friend made me realise, I've never worked a 9-6 day.

At my previous stint, Tuesdays and Wednesdays might possibly be 930 - 7 days, but for the rest of the week? Forget it! More like 930 - 930 or 11...12....

And now it's 4pm to 1230/1/130am

So I guess my life is a little less than the usual.

And I would truly cherish being able to have Saturdays AND Sundays off for a change. Think of the many things I would plan to do, and then not do!

I know some people who would jump at the chance to work the hours I do ("you get to sleep in!") but I feel like i'm wasting the sunlight. I've never really been a night person, I guess I just prefer daylight. So to me, sleeping at 3am and waking at 10am is quite a waste. Especially since I spend 2am to 3am vegging out in front of the TV, to deaden the brain before it's time for me to sleep. I guess I could try sleeping earlier, but when I get home, there's still that buzz from being at work. I mean try going home from work and sleeping straight off. It's tricky.

And waking at 10am just puts me in this lazyass mode. I've not gone for a jog for a long time, so on Friday (my off day) I thought I'd better get some exercise and took myself for a jog, only to find out that it's been quite a damn long while and it shows. On Saturday, during dinner, I headed up to the office gym for a bit, but an hour's a bit of a rush to change, jog, cool down, stretch, shower and get back into office attire (ok I admit that it being a Saturday I was pretty casually dressed).
So I made the resolution to only do this on weekends, I don't think I would enjoy rushing (and eating dinner after) on weekday shifts.

Anyway after that long ramble, it's back to work tomorrow. I'm hoping the sun will be out so I can go for a swim before work.

I swim at Buona Vista and it's always full of guys preening in the sun. The deckchairs are hot property and if there's no space, people'll just bake next to the pool.


Woxy Vintage is playing Cracker's Euro-Trash Girl

No comments: