Saturday, July 30, 2005

it's saturday

I realise there are so many restaurants I have not eaten at and am just dying to.
Perhaps it's time for a list, from which I can strike off and feel a sense of foodie-accomplishment.

There is one place I have to start the list with.
Although that means having to travel to Spain.

I'll post that up sometime, after letting my stomach muse over it for a while...

Anyway I'm starting to realise what a mishmesh of topics appear in this blog.

I once started a book blog with the intention to write about another obsession of mine, but I gave up, at that time being kinda busy (okok i'm just lazy). I think I'll start that up again.

And while I'm at that, I think it's time to start on those lovely food books that have been sitting on my shelves, and which I haven't started on...

* MFK Fisher named by WH Auden as America's greatest writer back in 1963. She died in 1992.

* Jeffrey Steingarten - Vogue's food columnist, always in search of that perfect (name of food here)

And now, on to the subject of music

I recently got hold of Coldplay's Parachutes (going for only $12.90 at Gram's warehouse sale) and that now makes the collection more or less.

* Parachutes
* A Rush Of Blood To The Head
* X&Y
* Coldplay Live 2003
(the last two are copies hehe.. thanks to mej)

After listening to their three albums, I have to say that I like Parachutes best. I think it's partly cos for ages tracks from A Rush were just playing over and over on the radio. Like Clocks and The Scientist (both are great songs though). I like Warning Sign as well.

Maybe these are songs that are meant to be done live - on one of my random channel-surfing early mornings, I checked Coldplay out on this VH1 special on MTV. Think it was called Storytellers.

So here's one of my favourites from that one, Shiver
(my apologies, it's a WMA file. I can't really dl anything onto this PC at work, cos I don't seem to have administrator privileges)

And speaking of MTV, I keep missing Viva La Bam and . I always end up seeing Burned and Boiling Point (which I'm not too fond of) and it seems that for the past three mornings when I turn on MTV, it's always Kaiser Chiefs (I predict a riot), Green Day (wake me up when september ends), Kelly Clarkson (behind these hazel eyes) and Rob Thomas (i dont know which one cos whenever it starts, i change the channel, otherwise i'd have to throw up)

I've been here for four hours and I haven't done a damn thing.

3 comments:

Sergio Lara said...

You did not do anything, so that the monoomania habit that you have is badly directed, assumes that the order of ideas must be to one, not to the others, this like a contradiction (you speak like trying to convince someone) is a like myself somewere, you will also occur to account I suffer of the same thing...

To eat the life...

you need to speak what in truth you want.

What will be, will be.

A kiss, take care...

huckerby said...

you always complain abt the same thing, haha!

anyway, i was listening to rush of head today in the car and it's fantastic to turn up "clocks"!

RealLifeReading said...

well cos right now that seems to be all my life revolves around!